Friday, 17 July 2009

Talking to the wall!

Well, my house/rabbit sitting excursion is about half way through and I have to admit I won't be particularly sorry when it's over!

I'm sure there are those who imagine that ten days alone, no kids, no partner, no responsibilities save for a small rabbit and only themselves to please would be think it heaven but I promise you....it wears thin, very thin.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm the only person left on the planet and it seems so long since I actually spoke face to face to another human being I am starting to wonder that when I do open my mouth any sound if any sound will actually emit from it....yeah, I know, those of you who know me personally might find that an amusing possibility! Really, save for one or two shop assistants I haven't actually spoken to anyone since Monday and I don't much like it. I have tried the rabbit but his conversation is somewhat limited! I'm pretty used to being alone but this is a little extreme.

Then there's the house. Please, remind me, if the option ever presents itself, that I don't ever want to live alone in a big house, give me a small flat any day. Ok, this may not be very big but four bedrooms, too many bathrooms too choose from and a number of relatively palatial reception rooms (isn't that what estate agents grandly call them?) is way too much space for just one person and necessitates that I attend to much too much in the way of cleaning!

Oh....and late at night and bleary eyed I can live without having so many points of entry to secure!

Yup, give me a small flat any time....and thank heavens for Twitter. ;o)

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

You know my number?

lom said...

Back at home now, are you tempted to get a rabbit?

Daisy said...

I do not blame you for feeling a little bit alone. Now, if you had a cat instead of a rabbit, that would be a different story!

Jack said...

Get out, girl!. Go to the pub. Tip a pint. Dance on a table. Well, maybe not that . . .