......today, told me I was remarkable, who or why doesn't matter here, what matters is that they did.
It's not often, if ever, I have had a description like that applied to me and whilst I might beg to differ, just that one small thing has made a massive difference to what has thus far been a pretty shitty week in 'gemmaks-ville'.
Maybe we should all make more effort to say to people the positives that we think instead of keeping them to ourselves and assuming that somehow they just know.
Thursday, 9 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 Comments:
Daisy's "mom" here:
I'm sorry you have not had a good week. But hooray for the person who took the time to say that to you. I know just how you feel, because today after Yoga class, someone said to me that they thought I was really good. In my mind, I'm awkward and klutzy, so it was an eye-opener to hear that from someone. Sometimes, it's really nice to see ourselves as others do.
And heres me been calling you Diamond Jane for yonks. Is it you have no Cockney slang?
Sorry you've had a bad week. A thoughtful remark goes a long way. I'm going to make a point of remembering to say nice things today :-)
How true, a small word can make all the differance
Post a Comment