Monday, 8 June 2009

Direct hit!

Picture the scene. Friday afternoon and I'm pottering my lazy way into town, minding my own business and in my own little world. I walk everywhere now if I can and I kind of enjoy it...save for the occasional incident.

So, there I am, almost into the center of town, still lost in my own little world when suddenly 'sploosh', without warning and bringing me out of my reverie instantly, I am soaked through, the hair I had actually bothered to 'do' saturated, mascara running down my cheek instead of on my eyelashes and my entire right side wet through!

Startled I looked up to see a small boy on the top deck of a passing, rush hour speed bus, retracting a bottle of water back through the window...the bottle of water he had just emptied, for fun, on top of my head. Gotta admire his aim, he achieved a perfect direct hit!

He and his mates were laughing heartily as you might imagine. I didn't miss a step, looked up at them, poked my tongue out and laughed out loud. I'm not entirely sure that was the reaction they were expecting or hoping for but it was pretty funny! :o)

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

awww.. bless ya...

yaaay for nuttiness :D

Silverback said...

I do admire your attitude, Jane, as I can't stand that sort of thing and would've been trying to get to the next bus stop to meet up with them. And to what end ? Probably raise my bp, give me chest pains and all I'd be able to do would be to tut loudly at them as they beat me to a pulp while being recorded by several cell phones for YouTube !

Glad it was only water !

Anonymous said...

ger-splat!! v funny!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. :D

PippaD said...

I'm off to you tube right now to see if any of them were clever enough to video it...

Jack said...

Over here, it has become common to do that to fast food employees at the drive-up window.

Step 1: order a big milkshake
Step 2: throw it in the server's face.

Someday, they will do it to the wrong person, and a hard lesson will be learned.

Michelle said...

LOL!!
when "A" was in primary school, i would collect her at the end of the day. there used to be another mother collecting her son, and she would always bring this little girl ( not quite school age ) with her. the little girl would always walk by me and stare, giving me really filthy looks lol,this went on for some time. one day i decided to get my own back. like any other school day, they both arrived, the little girl walked by me, staring, pulling faces etc. so i poked my tongue out at her. she started running towards her mother, pointing at me ( obviously dobbing on me lol ), then her mother smacked her bottom!!! she stared at me again, i waved at her with a big smile on my face.....she never did stare and pull faces at me again!

Wallo said...

Ah this happened to me once before when someone drove by in a car, threw a water bomb at me and I actually caught it without it bursting. It was a very freaky incident and defied all the laws of physics and water-ballooning but their smug faces were replaced with sheer horror, rage and almost a little bit of awe at the miracle I had performed.
just last week, a yob threw a water balloon at a bus window which was opened and it soaked a very beffy guy. The bus driver stopped the bus and allowed him to bound out and chase the little oik away. I'm sure he won't try that stunt again.
Gotta admire your reaction, would have loved to see their faces of confusion when you laughed it off. Certainly not what they would have been after

Daphne said...

I know I wouldn't have laughed - - and I admire the fact that you did!