Thank you Daisy and thank you to your mommie for taking the time and for making me smile on a day I don't much feel like smiling.
Hi everyone! It’s me, Daisy!

I am so excited to get to write a guest post for my friend. My Mommie is a volunteer at a no-kill cats-only rescue shelter, so I wanted to share a story about one special kitty’s journey.
His mother was a feral cat who came to the shelter to be spayed and released, only it turned out that she was pregnant and due to deliver right then. This little kitten and his littermates went straight into foster care until they were big enough to live at the shelter, and he was named “Neptune.”

When Neptune finally went to live at the shelter, they stole some of his blood with a needle. Then they stabbed him with a needle two times. Next, they put some stinky stuff in his neck furs, and his sharp little baby claws got trimmed. And then they made little Neptune eat some yucky-tasting medicine. Our boy was a brave kitten and did not growl or bite even once. When he was big enough, he was also taken to the clinic and given some medicine to make him feel sleepy. When Neptune woke up, he was surprised to find that his “boy-parts” had been taken away! Neptune was a little sad about that, but he got over it by the next day, for the other cats explained that the medicines and tests and such were to make sure he was healthy and stayed that way for a long time.

Finally, Neptune got put into his very own little room with plenty of fresh water, food, toys, a soft bed, and a litter box. He was sick for a little while with ringworm, but they did not kick him out because of that. Eventually, Neptune and his littermates got moved to the adoption area. Little Neptune was very excited that he might get to have a Forever home of his very own.

Pretty soon, all of Neptune’s littermates were adopted. Nobody wanted Neptune. But he was a happy kitten by nature, so he kept busy playing with the other cats and kittens at the shelter. He was sure that someone would see how handsome he was and adopt him any day. People came to visit Neptune, and the other cats. Sometimes, people would look at him and say things like “this one is cute” and “how about him?” but they always picked another cat. He waited and waited, for six long months and did not ever give up hope.
Until one day, a nice lady that volunteered at the shelter put him in a carrier and took him to her home. She explained to him that he would get to live with her family FOREVER! And Neptune got his true name, which was Harley. You see, this is the story of how my brother Harley came to live with me. But Harley’s story is not unique. There are thousands of wonderful cats and kittens just like Neptune waiting for their chance to become someone’s Harley.

You can keep up with Daisy and Harley everyday HERE.


29 Comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
Enjoy as best as you can.
Thinking of you.
Pauline
x
Happy Birthday ... do something nice for yourself, or lots of nice things for yourself. I wish you lots of good things for your birthday, and a year ahead which sees happiness. Lots of happiness. x
Happy Birthday to you! I feel very proud and honored to get to do a guest post for you on your birthday. Many purrs to you!
Hey Jane, wishing you a good one despite all that's going on. Thinking of you!
I enjoyed reading this guest post very much and learning more about Harley!
Happy Birthday!
And they all lived happily ever after! :)
Happy birthday, Jane and may the coming year bring you much more happiness.
Happy Birthday, any friend of Daisy's is a friend of ours. We loved hearing Harley's story again. ~Socks, Scylla, Charybids & Fenris
Happy Birthday! We understand you're having a bad time and feel for you - any friend of Daisy's is a friend of ours. We hope you'll feel better soon. Our experience is that when you hit the bottom - at least things can only get better. But until things pick up - you'll be in our thoughts!
Bajas & Virus & Mom
harley was very lucky to find such a good home.
Aw, Daisy, what a great story... Harley is so handsome, I am surprised no one took him earlier. But then again, it was a good thing, since he was destined to be with you.
Happy Birthday Gemmak! Hope you had a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday!
Great story, Daisy! Harley was never adopted before because he was meant to live with you!
I have been following Harley's adventures since Day 1.
Happy Birthday Gemmak. It may be a dark and long tunnel but there is always light at the end.
Think Good Thoughts !
Awww what a sweet story Daisy.Harley is very lucky to have found love and a great forever home.Happy Birthday Gemmak :)
Happy BDay, Gemma! I learned of it by way of Dave Goodman's page banner! You've friends all over rootin' for you, girl!
Happy Birthday to you.
It is nice to read your blog.
((((bigsqueezyhugs)))) from us.
Happy Birthday, Gemmak!
Have a Happy Birthday! We enjoyed reading about how our friend Harley came to live with Daisy:)
Happy Birthday!
It is nice to learn Harley's story. Thank you for having Daisy visit and tell it.
Happy Birthday Gemmak. I hope things look up for you from now on. Perhaps the birthday will be a turning point for the better. I do so hope so.
I love Daisy and Harley and it was nice to read Harley's story again. I'm sure he was meant to be adopted by Daisy and her Mommie coz how else would he have been overlooked for so long when he is so handsome and appealing? Same for you Gemmak... Well, maybe not adoption in that sense, but in other ways...
Happy Birthday Gemmak
I'm a Daisy and Harley Fan who came to say "Happy Burfdaaayyyzzz"
Hey Daisy and Harley !
1. Happy Birthday, Flower!
2. I can haz kitteh?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We hope you have a nice birthday, Gemma.
This was a nice post by our friend Daisy about her brother.
From unwanted kittie, to one of the biggest and most famous celebrity cats in the world blogosphere!
Wow! That's good fortune for ya!
I'm a huge Daisy fan and I really enjoyed the guest post!! Great story and very inspiring!
Happy Birthday hun and I hope this year treats ya well .....
Laters
Nicey
x
Lets hope your story is just as inspiring as this one is from now on, I know how it feels to be the one left on the shelf, and honey? There will be someone to take you home and make you thiers xxx
We hope you have a very Happy Birthday Gemmak. We think Daisy made it a good one! We enjoy her so much, and was fun to read again about how she got her brofur!
(((Hugs)))
~ The Bunch
Happy Birthday - it's still Apr 14th here in Canada :) Hope you had a great day all things considered :)
Post a Comment