Sunday, 22 February 2009

Who says romance is dead!

So, this is a little snippet of a conversation Fletch and I had yesterday, bear in mind here that I do all the girly romantic stuff, remembering dates, times, yada, yada, yada...Fletch is, shall we say, not naturally given to such things!

Me: "Do you realise we have known one another over three years now and we have lived together a year tomorrow"

Fletch (and I might add without missing a beat) replied: "How long did Peter Sutcliffe get"?

Add to that, I managed inadvertently in my oft times dim-witted fashion, to add to his amusement by allowing his response to go whooshing at high velocity, straight over my head..... and trying to remember how long Peter Sutcliffe actually did get so I could be helpful and answer his question!

Who said romance was dead?

Don't laugh, he doesn't need encouragement! Men! ;o)

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. *not laughing* He needs a little slap. Come on Fletch... sort it out.
Just as well he didnt say that on Valentines day.

Anonymous said...

I met The Boy for the first time just over 3 years ago too! :) We've lived together for 2 and in Spain for almost 1 :)

Mick's Page 2. said...

Hi Gemmak
Why is it when I get notified by my feed program that you have posted another blog page, I drop everything else and open your page.

I read your posting and gasp with astonishment for the honesty you have so generously chosen to share with the blog world, I read it a second time, this time I try and read between the lines so that I can fully understand what ever the point it is you want to make.

More often then not they make me laugh, sometimes they make me sad, sometimes they make me wish I could do something to help, [true]. Some of your posting make me sympathetic to your situation and so often I know instinctively what you mean for I have experienced the same. [OK I am a man but that doesn’t mean I’m with out feelings].

I know this and for sure its true as many of your visitors will agree yours is the blog that is a must to visit - keep up the good work .

Well done ‘Fletch’ - I admire you for being so tolerant with a hormonal female person especial as she now off the ‘Pill’. - !!!. - Mick.

Anonymous said...

Twenty life sentences.... (He got off easy! ;o) )

Ciao Ciao

gemmak said...

Fabulous: Lol..oh, he probably would have had he thought of it then! ;o) heh.

PJB: Hey....what a coincidence :o) I wish I had the Spain bit tho! ;o)

Mick: Wow, thankyou kind sir, I think that must be one of the nicest comments I ever got, praise indeed :o) *blushes*.

It's nice if I can make a few people smile a little from time to time or feel that they have 'been there too'....it still surprises me that anyone reads this at all so to have even the tiniest impact sometimes is a real treat :o) Thank you again.

gemmak said...

Fletch: Yeah, yeah! ;o) xx

Unknown said...

Maybe some practise on picking up on things like that?
Start with "Dept of Useless Statistics has announced that s survey established that 6 our of 7 dwarves are not happy"

Lisa said...

Boys.

Zed said...

I live with those sorts of comments all the time.