For reasons as yet still unexplained, aside from the obsessive gremlin inside of me that likes everything to neat and tidy, I embarked on one of those 'little projects' yesterday that you soon begin to wish you had never dreamt of, let alone started!
Tagging is what I am talking about. I never bothered before to tag any of my blog posts but for a while I have thought maybe I should for various reasons, so yesterday morning I set about what turned out to be the marathon task of actually getting it done....big mistake! Why? Because there is almost 2000 posts and my chances of recalling what each one is about with only the title for a clue was almost nil!
Suffice to say I was still sat here tearing my hair out and trying to scan read almost every post at 2am this morning and as far as indexing goes it's still pretty poor.....but on the upside, they are in some degree of order now and it pushed my Technorati rank up two points instantly (small compensation I know)....though I doubt anyone will ever actually want to search here by tag in the first place and now I discover that unless I convert to the nasty widget template, even if they do Blogger will only kick up the first twenty or so posts in a category anyway!
I suspect there is a conspiracy afoot to make us use that widget thing!
Sunday, 11 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 Comments:
So are you putting "labels" on your sidebar? :)
Tag! You're it!
Lisa: Who knows, I haven't capitualted to widgets yet! ;o)
Debby: LOL!!! :o)
Post a Comment