It's that time of year again, one of my favourites, the one where I can kid myself I am getting something for nothing though of course in reality I am not, instead I am merely paying through the nose by more nefarious marketing routes to fulfil my insatiable gadget obsession!January is the month my mobile phone contract is due for renewal, the down side is of course that it requires a good deal of haggling each time to negotiate a suitable contract (it's amazing what you can get out of these companies if you put your mind to it) the upside though and the bit that outweighs all other aspects is that I get to choose a brand new shiny handset, a new toy to amuse me and fiddle with, oh the delight!
Of course, I get to this point, a week before I can claim my new piece of technological heaven, and I have never actually made the decision as to exactly which model of gorgeous gadget to choose. As ever I have perused at length the spec. for just about everything on the market and as ever I come to the same partial decision, it has to be substance over style (hey, you can't fiddle with 'style' or connect to the internet suitably fast) and it has to be Nokia, I can navigate a Nokia blindfold and I'm too set in my ways to learn another system to that degree of second nature!
So, all that remains is the final decision, an N95, the N96, though to pay a sum upfront which this model requires is usually against my self imposed phone acquisition rules, or the 6220, which is actually small enough for my little thumbs to race over with the necessary speeds and dexterity!
Hey....this is important stuff don't you know! ;o)
Decisions, decisions!


12 Comments:
Hi Jane, BIG decision ... ahem well, as I see it I would go for the N96 - why ? well there's not a lot of difference between all of them but ... 9 and 6 are lucky numbers - well erm.. they are for me - Oh what the hell ! YOU choose, hehehehe...
Oh and p.s. love yer top piccie btw !
N96 - 100 percent clear choice. If you can't get that then go for the N95. Trust me, I'm a Doctor*
*Any claims of obtaining medical qualifications by the passing of a doctorate may be spurious, unwarranted and purely to provide an excuse for winning arguments or telling people "it's not man flu, it's dengue dengue fever or something much worse than you've ever had so you have to feel sorry for me and bring me toast and tea in bed".
Kate: Lol...very big! ;o) I can't choose, I never can! lol. Why does one not have everything!!?? ;o) TY on the header thing :o)
Punctuation: I'm trusting you, I'm trusting you.... heh
Gemma,
the N95 is good, but really chunky and without a huge amount of protection of that lovely screen.. we use a MP3 player bag from Tesco for £7 to protect it, but only because we hadn't found a case for it that we like that wasn't outrageously priced from Nokia.
I transferred to a Sony Ericcson.. tempted by the dark side, but as soon as my contract is up, I am going back to Nokia, I know where the true path lays...lol
Sage: Oh heavens, I forgot the 'scratch issue'!! Scratching is a bad thing! Heh.
I was once tempted to the dark side, it was an expensive temptation, I couldn't tolerate it, it lasted all of 6 weeks before I found my true path again! ;o)
Do they text? :)
Lisa: LOL...you sound like Fletch!! He wanted to know which one made phone calls!!! Tsk! heh ;o)
I like Nokias too but i only ever get a basic pay to go one as my phones end up with disasters befalling them
My first phone was a Nokia and it was really basic, and I liked it, and was really upset when I had to replace it ... five years later. Now I have a Sony Ericsson which I love. I've had it at least three years and I DREAD looking for a new phone. I get pay as you go. I just want it to be a phone with a half decent camera. End of story.
I'm no use to you, am I? LOL!
We've got this to come soon, usually spend hours reading reviews and then get something different when we get to the shop. I was planning on the original N95 but it looks like 3 have dropped it, only the 8GB version now and still a bit pricey (for a Yorkshire bloke). Debbie is after an E71 and I've back to the drawing board!
Paul.
Jay: Lol...no, you ain't much help! ;o)
Snowbabies: I think I'm on the 8gb N95, luckily I can get it 'free' on my contract but like you, there is every possibility that when the day comes I'll have something entirely different! ;o)
Oh my. Decisions, decisions... Apparently it's a fact that when one has less choices, one is happier. Did you know that? I thought that was an interesting piece of information.
Post a Comment