Today feels kind of weird, I feel slightly lost in an odd way. I'll try to explain.I have been very lucky the last few months, among the usual day to day crap, life has been pretty good and since the early part of the summer I have had much to look forward to, firstly there was the holiday and the wedding and then the highlight of Lisa's visit to the UK.
And all those things were fantastic and everything I had hoped for and looked forward too but now they are over...and thereby hangs the wierd-ness.
'He who
I don't mean to sound spoilt or ungrateful, I am not, I am very grateful and thankful for the times I have enjoyed over the summer, they have been some of the absolute best but contrarily, because these particular carrots were such big ones, the sudden realisation that they are gone is unsettling and I find my mind scratching around trying to look for something new to look forward too, just one of those small pre-packed carrot 'baton' things would suffice for now, I don't need the big ones, little ones are just fine... but there seems to be a distinct shortage!
I'm sure in a day or two I will re-adjust my expectations somewhat and cheer up, life can't all be about the amazing stuff I know, but I have some pretty tough realities to address over the next few months and I do need a new carrot dangling tantalisingly on a stick somewhere ahead of me....best I set about looking harder I think! :o)


9 Comments:
Gemma, it is the same feeling when you get back from holidays; the anticipation was great, the experience was great even the getting home was great and now.. it's over and though you have your memories it does leave you bereft. I planted my carrots (I love the analogy you made) by booking my next trip for June 2009 so I have time to watch it grow while the dark winter blues takes affect.. we all need something good to have in our future paths.. you will find yours
You want Carrots.... You could offer to help mike out on his latest implimentation.... http://www.tio.co.uk/
;o)
Sage: I think I need to get me an 'allotment'! ;o)
Fletch: Lol....what's that...cheap advertising?!! Are you on a cut? ;o) heh.
I know that feeling too. It's not nice.
My carrot is just a small one at the moment as it's a long time off (June 2009) but we're going to see War of the Worlds 30th Anniversary at MEN Arena. I am excited already!
I'm sure it wont be long before you've got something new to look forward to.
I know just how you feel. I feel that way after I have opened all my Christmas presents! Except, I usually get toys and presents all year 'round.
Given your close relationship with Lisa, I assume you use something like Skype to keep in touch ?
If not, you certainly should as nothing can beat actually seeing and talking with friends who live far far away.
You 'could' even leave the link on all day ! Sorry Fletch.
The end of things is always painful and sad. That is just the way life is. The trick, as you are discovering, is to revel in those moments, and appreciate them for what they are.
What is around the corner for you? Who knows, but that is the next carrot you have to look forward to. There is an old Zen saying:
"The mind should be focused on nowhere in particular."
In essence, it means keep yourself open. When you focus on the road ahead, you seldom see what is right in front of you.
Wanna carrot?
Just remember that you can get out of bed in the morning. Walk about, Get what you want as a meal when you want. Be reasonably sure you will see the sunset of every day to which you saw the sunrise. There are loads who cannot guarantee any one of these actions. You commendably learned that ' sh*t happens'. Just come to the idea that not all carrots are carrot shaped. Please.
Little cat: I'm coming up with a carrot :o) I hope you enjoy yours heh.
Daisy: Lol...I think you are a very lucky girl! :o)
Silverback: Yes, we use all forms of electronic means of contact...I wonder how Fletch would feel about the link being open all night when I can't sleep and America is awake! heh.
Mr Nighttime: I like the Zen thingy, I think I will adopt that in my day to day thiking :o)
John: Good point and good reminder, I do indeed have all you say and carrots can come in many shapes! As ever, guaranteed to give me an appropriate and suitably placed poke :o) Thank you.
Post a Comment