1. In Southern Italy you are not utilising a 50cc scooter appropriately unless you are carrying at least 2 adults, 2 children, one or more dogs or items of livestock and a months groceries!
2. Dehydration is not fun and turns what were perfectly adequate legs into something uncontrollably useless.
3. If you're not kicking the ass of 100mph on the motorways stay firmly on the inside lanes....except in France where there is suddenly an over-zealous influx of gatzo wielding cops.
4. Fletch can build a pretty fine dam!
5. You don't realise how patient and polite we Brits are sometimes until you have been to Italy.
6. Lonely Planet phrase books always have the phrases you don't need (that was good for me how was it for you? 'romance section') but not the phrases you do need like 'where is the bathroom please'?!
7. Using a German washing machine is not simple when you don't speak the language and results in much frustration.
8. If you smile sweetly at customs when they choose your car to pull apart and syphon you off into a dark corner, you can change their minds and just be wished a good holiday!
9. Tampons in Switzerland cost £6 for 20!!!
10. Belgian waffles (with chocolate and cream of course) are to absolutely to die for.
Tuesday, 23 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 Comments:
Loads of useful tips in there.
If I ever go to Switzerland, I, for one, will be taking a good supply of tampons with me.
Then if my warm, but slightly lop sided, smile doesn't work at customs, I can try the old 'tampon bribe' strategy on them.
If I ever go to Italy, I shall print those out and take them with me - and will NOT choose the Lonely Planet guide. LOL!
The Belgian waffles sound ssoooooo good!!
Belgian waffles?!? Do want!
Apparently the best LP guide is to India. That wouldn't have been of much use in Italy though ....
WANT the waffles lol. Yep, us Brits are a polite bunch :o)
Tampons? Ahhh, I don't need those anymore ;op
Six Quid???
Twenty???
Crikey!
Post a Comment