Monday, 14 July 2008

Twenty happy things

Inspired by Lisa who is trying to start a trend! All you have to do is think of twenty happy things in your life...it's a good exercise in positivity!

In no particular order....

1. I slept straight through for the last three nights! This might not be too astounding but it's the first time in five months.

2. I have 'outlaws' who I would choose as friends. One of the few positive things about my marital/divorce history is that I got to ditch the bad ones along with the husbands!

3. The sound of swans taking off and landing on the river.

4. However much I still miss Tilly I know she is very happy where she is.

5. I think I am winning a personal battle with a long standing difficulty.

6. I love and am loved.

7. TP continues to do marvellously.

8. 'Hammy' is learning that I am not scary.

9. I don't own a house... I never thought that would be a good thing but in the current political/financial climate I consider it a very good thing!

10. Losing almost all of anything I ever owned has taught me just how unimportant 'things' actually are.

11. Being broke makes even the tiny treats such a pleasure.

12. I have two baby blue tits on my bird feeder :o)

13. The sun is shining.

14. The man I love is also the person I respect most in the world. Don't assume the two always go together!

15. I have a Costa within two minutes walking distance!

16. I can eat any amount of chocolate without putting on weight.

17. Living on a river bank is fab. (unless you try to get home insurance!)

18. I was gifted a beautiful seriously pink orchid at the weekend.

19. I have a roof over my head and food in my tummy.

20. I get cuddles every day.

I'm not going to tag anyone...if you wanna do it, do it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

You can eat all the chocolate you want without putting on weight???

It's a good thing I like you. *Pouts*

Good post - we often forget to count our blessings! Oh, and I'm SO with you on the 'sleeping straight through' thing.

Kitty said...

Tell me about the river bank/insurance thing! You've seen where I live, we are so far above the water that half the country would have to be underwater before we flooded and yet still some companies won't touch us with a barge pole. Ppppfffft to them.

Glad you got some sleep at last, I;ve just signed up for a few weeks of not enough sleep, but at least it's voluntary.

Kate said...

What a wise girl you are, It took me over sixty years to come to the same conclusions. A couple of queries though -
How can you eat chockies and not put on weight ? (what a gift that is).
What is a Costa ? OOps just clicked it - might have knows hehe yeah twit that I am - should've wakened and smelt the coffee right? hehe I thought it was something to do with living near the water (NUT)... Love Kate x.

Lisa said...

I am envious of your "cuddles everyday", but I also know this feeling, "The man I love is also the person I respect most in the world." ;)