Monday, 21 July 2008

I just did it!

The running thing that is...and as proof of just how un-fit I have become, I have suffered ever since. No great surprise there!

I didn't run far I have to say, more proof of my sadly lacking fitness, but I did come home and add to my run a 30 minute pretty heavy duty workout, none of your 'Thursday evening in a village hall stuff', this was a scaled down version of the warm up I did a million and one times in the days of my gymnastic career. That probably wasn't my best move, and I suspect has more to do with my current degree of painful decrepitude than the run itself! On the positive side however I did discover I can still 'spilt' after all these years.

Jeez....I had almost forgotten where exactly my abs were located but right now, each time I laugh or cough or move almost at all, I am painfully reminded!

I gave it a rest over the weekend to let my long since knackered (thanks to the gymnastics in the first place) and hypermobile joints recover a little, and then it's back to it again today.

....and they say this is good for us?? ;o)

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

'J.F.D.I'

;o)

gemmak said...

Fletch: Yeah, yeah! ;o)

Anonymous said...

and did you?

funny, got a funny on the pink query post but this one OK. Safari seems fine - prob I had with IE7 was the day some international hosts were down.

belleek

Mr. Nighttime said...

Damn.....I really have to get my behind in gear and take up some form of exercise...Sigh...Maybe it is time to resurrect the bicycle...