Sunday, 15 June 2008

For good or evil....

....I'm back again and the 'not so mystery blogger' has been relieved of his responsibilities, much I suspect to his relief!

Quite how long I am back for this time remains to be seen but hopefully the next week or two won't be quite so manic or worrying for all concerned. I think I have spent most of the last two weeks on one or other of our very undesirable British car parks, AKA the M25 and M40 and I have literally driven thousands of miles, ok, only just into the plural there, maybe two thousand-ish to be a little more precise.

Perhaps I can now be very slightly more forthcoming with what has been going on here and what it is that has resulted in my absence recently. I can't offer up too much in the way of detail because those concerned prefer their privacy to be maintained but I think I can say that a member of my immediate family was suddenly in need of some very major surgery and it was all 'hands to the pumps', providing general domestic/emotional support and 'driving services' for visiting at a hospital many miles from home.

It's been a pretty tough fortnight for all concerned but things are looking quite positive now and save for one or two minor hiccups 'the patient' has made a truly amazing recovery, beating all the projected timescales for specific recovery goals and making it home in eight days, not the expected fourteen! Really, it's hard to tell in many ways that this was such an immense procedure and it's a great testament to both the fortitude of 'the patient' and our usually much maligned N.H.S....who I have only the greatest of praise for. All aspects of the care and skills of those involved were phenomenal, the guys who performed this very complicated procedure where nothing short of magnificent.

So, that's about it, that's where I have been and why I have been 'awol' and whilst the road to full recovery could be a long one and there may be more hurdles to challenge us, so far things are looking positive, the recovery from surgery has been beyond anything we had dared hope for and the patient has been an inspiration.

7 Comments:

Jennytc said...

Wonderful! I'm sp pleased to hear your good news, Jane. Best wishes to all concerned.

Kate said...

That's wonderful Jane, it makes such a difference to see some good news for a change - I hope your family member continues to improve. Cheers Kate x.

Lisa said...

As you know, I'm happy to hear things are progressing ahead of schedule. xx

Michelle said...

Yaaaay, wonderful news :o)

Lisa said...

I kind of liked the mystery blogger's logo. That was cool.

And there are no dead cats.. even better!

xx

Mr. Nighttime said...

Having lived through some very major surgery 11 years ago, I understand quite well what you are going through. Glad to hear that all turned out for the best.

Snowbabies said...

Glad to hear things are looking up :-)