Friday, 18 April 2008

Sore feet!

Yesterday, unusually for me of late, I spent working in gainful employment, this was the job I blogged last week because it sounded a strange combination, a business exhibition , the venue for which was an animal rescue centre!

As it transpired it wasn't so odd. I had assumed [wrongly] that the rescue

establishment would be the usual, small, slightly tatty environment that often prevails in these places as a result of underfunding and over subscription.....how wrong can you be? This place was large, bright, modern, well run and included not only facilities for cats, dogs and small animals but goats, sheep, horses, llamas and waterfowl, it had conference and event facilities and a full size riding arena!

The job was working for a design company doing the front end representation, networking stuff, not my favourite of pass times, all that faux pleasantry, smiling and handshaking drives me nuts, smarmy economically motivated men in suits just don't do it for me but unfortunately I'm not bad at it and it was work.

The guy I was working for was pretty laid back though, a privilege of being in design is that you can get away with being slightly less 'stuffy' even in a business environment, so we painted our smiles on, shook lots of limp and sweaty hands, 'played the game', worked the room hard between us and had a suitably successful day, there was only one casualty....... my feet are so bloody sore! Most of my working life has been spent on my feet, I'm used to it but it's been a long time since I had to do it eight hours straight in ridiculous heels!

I tell you, if guys had to wear heels there would be more sitting down! ;o)

0 Comments: