Friday, 25 April 2008

Comment confusion

For a while now I have been trying to get rid of some of the faff and bother on this blog and one of the things that bugs me is the two comments systems I have here. I installed Haloscan in the distant days when Bloggers commenting system seemed to 'expire' spectacularly on a regular basis but now I find myself with a small quandary and a big mess. It would of course be easy to just remove the Haloscan system but I can't bear too, given that most of my comments over the years are there and I don't want to lose them!

Yes, I'm a comment whore (look me in the eye and tell me you're not!) but in an endeavour to sort out the confusion I have decided to ask you kind people, that if you care to comment then please use Blogger where you can. Hopefully I have made it a little more straight forward down there in the comment links.

..... and maybe one day my narcissism will subside sufficiently to allow me to kill off the Haloscan system completely!

5 Comments:

Jennytc said...

I know what you mean, Gemmak, but do you ever read back over comments from months ago? I would guess not and I don't suppose any of us contributors would mind if their comments finally disappeared into the ether.

gemmak said...

Jennyta: Lol...good point. No, I don't, well ok, I do..... but only once in an absolute blue moon!

Lisa said...

Wow! Well done on the commenting section! I really like it.

gemmak said...

Lisa: lol...it's only taken me 2 years to get around to sorting it out! ;o)

Tex's Missus said...

Nah, got nothing vaguely helpful or interesting to say.....but I did want to get with the blogger-comment program on your site :)

(and anyone who says that they don't care whether they get comments on their posts is a liar .... or perhaps that's just my lack of emotional resilience and self-confidence speaking....gulp .... I'll just slink off now......)