Thursday, 20 March 2008

A glutton for punishment

That's me, a glutton for punishment, I was not going to let the service pack issue beat me and so last night I tried again, all seemed well and I went to bed thinking I had cracked it on the 5th try....but no!

This morning Microsoft popped me up an oh so lovely little message informing me it hadn't actually been installed! That will be why the machine was still working then?!

So, back to it, I won't bore you with the number of 'windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown/serious error/memory problem yada, yada, yada' messages I have been through, or how many blue screens I have been witness too (I thought we had seen the back of those with the demise of M.E!) or how many times I have had to fight tooth and nail to get a connection along the way but finally it is installed!

It's been something akin to getting blood from a stone, but it's in and the machine is still alive this time, my AV is even working (for those that don't know M/S have released this service pack knowing it has compatibility issues with various AV software packages! Hmmmm, impressive).....how long I wonder until the first evidence of Vista's usually flakiness rears it's ugly head again?

Me? Skeptical? nah! ;o)

Oh...but I did find a MOV. file converter that works....well it did previously, it remains to be seen if it still does! ;o)

0 Comments: