Monday, 3 December 2007

A perfect 'upper cut'

Yesterday I was 'treated' to a new experience in my life courtesy of Fletch, something I have long wondered about, about how it would feel (get your mind out of the gutter please), well now I know!

Imagine the scene, a Dickensian Christmas market in the town square, christmas carols and a wintery chill in the air, children laughing happily, lights twinkling, a perfectly relaxed festive atmosphere......and then out of nowhere a powerful and perfect upper cut landed squarely on my jaw!!!!! Owchhhh!!

Ok, so to be fair it was far from intentional, one of those bad timimg things. I bent down as Fletch moved his arm up to do something and the contact between hand

and jaw was complete and instant. For a minute or two I wasn't sure where I was anymore, I bit my tongue hard, I had been eating some small titbit (where it went in the aftermath I have no idea), my teeth seemed to crash together and everything started to go very, very black........

I didn't thankfully keel right over, though a degree of 'propping up' was required from a concerned Fletch for a minute or two, whilst I concentrated on remaining upright. I really didn't know what had hit me, it was so instant I had no idea what had happened, only that it hurt like hell and all I could do was stand there holding my mouth like a fool, I couldn't speak to even say I was ok. Well I wasn't but you know what I mean!

A few minutes later I had gathered my wits, my jaw and my tongue still hurt but nothing too drastic.

I always wondered how boxers did it and now I know they have to be very strange individuals to put themselves repeatedly in the line of fire....I had absolutely no idea just how much a smack in the mouth could hurt!!!!

Ok, ok, so in retrospect it's funny I know.... but stop sniggering at the back please ;o)

0 Comments: