Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Unclean....unclean!

There is currently in gemmaks-ville the problem of a serious water defeceit to contend with as the result of a new bathroom being installed, we currently have the plumbers in, well in actual fact even that isn't as simple as it would appear. The 'plumber' is actually my brother, who is an electrician and the plumber, his business partner, seems to be doing the electrical stuff....don't ask, I don't know!

Anyway, this malarky means we have no water, well only intermittently and we have no bath or shower at all. This is not a happy situation, come on, how is one supposed to function for five days shower-less? We do have a cloakroom however and so this evening, when the happy announcement was made that there was at last water, I thought it best I make haste and do what I could with a basin of hot water....only it wasn't hot! It was stone bloody cold, I don't 'do' cold and I have to say that standing stark naked, covered in goose bumps having what my mother refers to as a 'good old fashioned wash' was not an attractive sight or a happy experience by any stretch of the imagination.

Believe me, in this instance 'old fashioned' was not a positive and any previous ideas I had harboured regarding washing my now folorn looking hair rapidly went out of my mind.....tomorrow I think it appropriate that I sport a baseball cap instead!

Perhaps I should also carry a bell and shout unclean, unclean as I go about my business. ;o)

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Baby wipes ducky!

gemmak said...

Allergic to em! :O/