Sunday, 2 September 2007

Sleeping in the saddle

So back to the recent around Europe biking travels and an aspect that seemed to intrigue/amuse a few of you....how do I sleep on the back of a bike?.

The answer is this: Easily, if I'm tired I sleep it's no big deal really. Bear in mind that I have been on a bike for most of my life it's almost as natural to me as walking is and after thousands and thousands of miles the movement and noise is almost soothing. Add to that I know from experience that I'm not gonna fall off in some odd fashion and if the bike is loaded there is no place to fall anyways.

All that remains is to have absolute faith in one's rider, to know he/she won't take unecessary risks or try for fun to 'put me off the back' from a standing start (no Fletch, this is not an invitation to get on the back wheel), take way the fear that bikes hold for some and hey presto, sleep :o)......and as an added bonus, should the worst happen, if one is asleep one's body is way more relaxed and as a consequence likely to sustain somewhat less severe injuries than tensed up......well that's the theory!

Really, no big deal.

0 Comments: