Thursday, 8 February 2007

Winter wonderland

The white van from hell (yup, I still have the old one...it's a long story) amazingly did me proud in yesterday's snowfall.

As anyone who has been here over a winter knows, I adore snow and I was determined to make the most of it so off I set in the 'van horriblis', determined to enjoy the snow and complete my days driving, despite the conditions.


And complete it I did and I have to admit the van did me proud, it just tolerated whatever I did to it to get it through the white stuff, in fact it did better than that. When early in my journey I encountered a long steep hill (unavoidable) that had thwarted everyone to that point in time, with some persistence and cussedness and an inordinate amount of time, me and my van made it to the top.....the only vehicle that did until later in the day! :o)


When the weather forecasters said we would have snow today they weren't wrong. When I woke at 3am there was nothing, by the time I had to prize myself from my bed at 5 there was three inches. When I left for work that had increased to four inches and so it went on.

The rest of the day was much the same, very slow, with much slipping and sliding and necessitating on three occasions that I be pushed and shoved by kind bystanders until my wheels could gain enough purchase to actually propel me forward.


Snow...I love it, it was a long hard day, for miles and miles I never made it out of second gear or above 20mph and I rarely saw another vehicle at times but it was fab and it was very beautiful...ok, I'm absolutely beat now but hey....it was worth it!

(Images clickable)

1 Comments:

dkgoodman said...

Great photos!