Wednesday, 20 December 2006

Some Tilly-ness

It seems an age since I wrote here about Tilly, so long in fact I can't recall the last time I did.

The reasons are various, namely that my laptop has completely died so the photograph thing is a little problematic right now and for a while I was very wary of tempting fate by mentioning that for the time being at least she is still with me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So what has she been up to. Well firstly her diet seems not to have done the trick, or at least she and I haven't managed to gain to tight a control over her eating habits and hence she is still a little 'portly'! We have promised each other we will try harder in the new year, her at not eating in a fashion reminiscent of a large horse and me at not giving in so readily to her pleading looks by an empty bowl! Hmmm....we'll see.

This week has seen her first experience of a Christmas tree, last year she was tiny and I was convinced the tree would prove too much temptation so didn't have one, but I have to give her her due this year, whilst there have been one or two 'slip-ups' in the main she has been remarkably well behaved and thus far has only managed minor wrecking sprees on a few occasions....I won't speak too soon though, 'well behaved' is not her forte! ;o)

She still persists in sleeping on my head and in waking me at 5am most mornings though at the moment that is a bonus and guarantees I'll be up in time for work....the weekend is another matter entirely though but last weekend she managed to allow me a small lie-in! :o)

Winter she has decided is not quite her 'thing'. Her days of gallivanting in the garden have come to an abrupt halt since she had a rather major 'run in' with a big local Tomcat and came off the worst for the encounter. That along with the dramatic drop in temperature have reduced her to very short trips to the 'bathroom', a preference to laying stretched out under a radiator and to much time looking at the outside from inside!

As I mentioned at the start of this post, for now we are still here together and though I am still scared to tempt fate it is beginning to look like there is a possibility it might stay that way. I have absolutely everything crossed but for now I'm not counting my chickens. The thought of losing her now seems even harder than it did a few months back and the thought of going through all that upset is not something I want to deal ever again so it's fingers firmly crossed that somehow this time it will work out.

So that's about it, a quick round-up and a new picture of madam and her antics, she is off to the cattery for a few days over Christmas which won't please her (or me) but will allow my parents who now I'm at work have taken on much of the day to day feeding etc. a few days 'Tilly rest' and a few days without having to pick every Christmas card off the floor at least a thousand times a day!

0 Comments: