O2 very kindly said they would send me a replacement part free of charge and that it would be with me by yesterday....you know what's coming don't you? of course you do, it didn't arrive. I called again today to confirm it was in transit only to be informed that they can't provide the part and have no idea why I was told otherwise!!! My displeasure at their lack of reliability was registered and I was told to go to an o2 store where the part could be ordered.
Off I trundled to said store.
The staff in said store informed me they 'don't order parts' and had no idea why I was informed otherwise!!!
I was by this time beginning to breath fire and the 'sales associate' dealing with me was beginning to look a little flustered.
I took over the phone conversation and made it reasonably clear I expected one or other of them to sort this out, afterall, I only wanted one small part that by their own admission was only a couple of quid. The lady on the end of the phone contacted Nokia (apparently) and came back to me saying they couldn't provide the part either!! Hello? They manufacture the damn phone so if they can't I wondered who the hell can?! The answer, apparently no one!!
My displeasure became more intense. By this stage I had spent maybe and hour and a half talking to half-wits, getting conflicting advice and very little in the way of results.
Finally 'girl wonder' on the end of the line said she had a solution....wait for it....she would send me out a new phone! I explained yet again I only need one part of the cover, they didn't need to waste a whole handset but it fell on deaf ears. Apparently they can only send out whole phones, not just parts and the suggestion she just take the back off the phone and mail it to me thereby at least saving the cost of a courier, was met with complete confusion!!!
I gave up at that point! If they see fit to waste £300 then who am I to stop them I thought but hells bells, it's the 'throw away' society gone mad....is it any wonder we are using upresourcess at such a rate of knots when a company of such magnitude behave in such a ridiculous manner?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment