Tuesday, 12 December 2006

Another crap van.....

....and another small disaster!

This week it seems is not turning out to be my best. After yesterdays carrying-ons I had kind of hoped for a better day today....harumph, it was not to be.

The new van (ok, it's way older than the last one....why are you not surprised?) is barely an improvement, though it does boast a heater of sorts, a functioning (just) propshaft and central locking.....and thereby hangs my problem of today.

My delightful employer failed to tell me that the button on the key is so sensitive that just the act of turning the ignition off is likely to activate the locking system and of course, wouldn't you know it, that's exactly what happened. I stopped at my second call of the morning, turned the ignition off, got out, shut the door and hey presto...I was firmly locked out. FFS! I was far from full of Christmas joy I can tell you!

This time I was determined not to call for assistance only to be the recipient of more hassle and so made a deal with the guys on the site I was at: anyone who could get me into my van without causing damage could have what they liked to eat on me.

It worked like a dream, ten or so of them pitched in trying one way or another, until one guy (presumably of slightly dubious 'history') told me to look away and he would get me in....20 seconds later I was in...... I was happy, I care not how or why he learned to do it, the fact that he could was fine with me and all it cost me was the price of a breakfast....more than worth it to avoid the hell I would have suffered had I called the boss! :o)

0 Comments: