The job that is!
Yes, as of next Tuesday yours truly will no longer be an unemployment statistic, but instead a fully paid up member of the rat race again, back to the business of nine to five, well ok not actually nine to five but more on that later, back to earning a living and likely, after the novelty has worn off, grumbling about having to go to work again.....but for now it feels pretty good, I have a full time job, yayyyyyy.
Ok, so this is not a career move, this is not a job to die for and I'm highly unlikely to be giving Bill Gates a run for his money (no pun intended) in the salary stakes but it sure beats the dole...though likely once the Official Receiver gets his/her share I'm not gonna be patronising Prada or hitting Harrods anytime soon....but it is a job.
So what is this job? I'm not sure it has a title but it involves driving a nifty little van around offices and factories etc. delivering and selling sandwiches and other lunch and break time culinary paraphernalia to those cooped up in their work places from nine to five.
Like I say, it's not career move but it has promise of being a bit of fun, very little stress (more stress I don't need right now) and will pay me a wage while I try and gather up the rest of my life and put it back into some semblance of order.
There is of course a down side...starting time is 06.30 hrs!!!..... so no more late nights for gemmak for the foreseeable future, but the upside to that of course is that my work day finishes at 14.30 hrs, leaving me with a nice big bit of the day left to play. Oh and it's Monday to Friday so I get to keep my now much revered weekends.
Hell, it's years since I worked full time, it's gonna kill me for a few weeks, I think sleep will be top of my leisure time activity agenda for a while but hey, who cares, I get a pay cheque at the end of the week and absolutely the best bit of all....I can tell the miserable old trout in the dole office to 'go to hell' (in the politest possible fashion of course) on Monday! Working full time is worth it just for that pleasure alone.
.....and thank you all for your wishes of good luck yesterday. If luck had anything to do with it then you lot surely helped as ever you have over these last few somewhat 'trying' months.
Do group hugs work in the blogosphere? If they do then consider yourselves duly hugged! :o) Cheers guys.
Thursday, 9 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
Woo hoo! Congrats and kudos! A toast to gemmak! In fact, better than that, how about some cat drinking songs and funny cat pictures. :) *hugs*
Congratulations!!
Post a Comment