Thursday, 27 July 2006

.....and it rained and rained

Here in the South we have had some pretty impressive storms over the last 24 hours and though they seem to have done little to clear the air in any real way they did produce some pretty spectacular skies.

This afternoon saw rain and fork lightening the like of which I have never seen before, the centre of the town I live in flooded, as it had last night also, the result of which was that many of the traders either shut up shop and sand-bagged their doorways or never opened at all this morning in an attempt to make good the damage overnight.


For my part I love extreme weather, save for the roof of this house leaking in the late hours of yesterday evening causing me a degree of concern, given that my parents are away on holiday for almost three weeks.

The biggest storm hit as I was leaving Sainsbury's this afternoon laden with bags full of food chocolate. Not one to hover in the doorway hiding with the throng of those waiting in vain for it to stop I decided to make the most of it and go 'play out' in the rain....and some rain it was. It hurt, it actually hurt as it hit my skin and within seconds I looked as though someone had dumped me in a bath-full of water.... but hell it was fun and provided much amusement for my neighbour when I finally arrived home sodden and dripping and looking none too elegant!

(Images clickable)

0 Comments: