There is something about Fridays, no matter that my last fifteen or so years have been spent in a job that dictated I worked all weekend, Friday's refused to stop having that 'special' feeling about them. I never lost the anticipatory feeling of something better to come over the weekend, though of course in reality it wasn't the case....quite the reverse on most occasions!
However, as with all clouds my current somewhat murky landscape has a silver lining......Friday's really are really cool again. No matter that I have temporarily joined the ranks of the idle poor, the slight frisson and excitement of a Friday's promise has returned in earnest. I may not have the rat race to contend with on weekdays but I do still feel I have to get the 'business end' of life attended to, eject myself from sleep (like I'm getting much anyway right now) at a civil hour and at least make an effort to maintain some routine....but weekends, weekend are for playing, weekends have returned to being a time for fun, for trying not to worry about the crap and for trying to turn off my head. No more 5am starts, no more customers to harass me to within an inch of my patience, no more having to be the one going home early on a Friday or Saturday night from whatever function.....yup, this cloud certainly has one very big silver lining!
......and this week, being up there in my top three of lifetime 'weeks horriblis' I intend to fully utilise that 'Friday feeling' and the silver lining.
TFIF.
Have a good weekend guys :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment