Yes, wish as I may that I could truly appreciate this 'bonus' there are times , and this morning is one such time, were it would be oh so welcome if her ability to appear controlled by the Cumbria time signal would damn well malfunction!!
It's barely 6am on my day off and already I have been up and running (ok staggering) for an hour! I try, I really try to resist the 5am nose chewing, hair pulling, chin biting, face treading, high decibel purring an inch from my ear and other 'acts of love' bestowed upon me..... but despite my best efforts all attempts at resistance are pitiful in the face of such persistence for attention.
Please don't suggest that I shut her out, it is not an option that is tolerated, she merely hurls herself at the door crying loudly until I relent and let her back in!
How can something that weighs less then six pounds and looks so cute have such a level of hell bent stamina and insistent control?? I really need to find a new psychology with which to approach this little cat but belief me, I 'do' mad cat woman, I have the animal psychology books, I have usually managed to win in these situations but Tilly is another matter entirely.
Maybe the best psychology in this case is to be applied to myself rather than 'madam'. Perhaps if I tell myself often enough that 5am is a reasonable waking hour, an opportunity to watch the sunrise, listen to the dawn chorus, smell the sweet air of a new day...... I will begin to believe it!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment