Tuesday, 18 April 2006

What a lightweight!

Late yesterday evening, having stumbled in from a typically none too delightful bank holiday in retail PG instigated a discussion regarding Tilly and her 'bucket' and given that she so hates it and that we had managed to keep her
miserably tied into if for eight days, the minimum prescribed healing time being five days, the optimum being ten, he considered that now was the time to do away with her bucket.

The obvious of course immediately happened and freed of her encumbrance she immediately began pulling at her stitches.....as she had on every occasion we removed her hated head gear!

PG's solution was of course that rather than trundle her to the vets today or let her hurt herself by removing them with her teeth.....we would do it! Ok, I don't do things medical, this may not be open heart surgery but I just don't 'do' medical procedure at any level. My protestations went unheard and armed with a Leatherman (yes I know not very surgical but the best knife in the house) I was instructed to play nurse (no lewd comments please!).

The whole issue was over in a few moments, PG has apparently done this on a number of occasions before but while he and Tilly were happily celebrating her final freedom and congratulating themselves on a job well don't yours truly was parked on the floor doing her level best not to faint! What a lightweight! Lets just hope I never have to deal with anything major!

Oh....and whilst on the subject of Tilly and her recent medical maneuverings, the following little was taken when she first arrived home post-op. It felt unkind to post it then when she was feeling so poorly but now she's all fit and well her still 'recovering from anesthetic' gait is quite amusing! Just don't laugh out loud if she's within earshot! :o)

0 Comments: