Tuesday, 25 April 2006

Into the big wide world

Yesterday Tilly made her first foray alone out into the big wide world, well not exactly alone, I chaperoned her of course, she needs a little practice at finding her way back before she will be allowed full freedom and anyways I was mindful of her still relatively small size and the local thug tom cat who still regularly terrorizes the larger more battle hardened Ditto. Ok....so I'm an overprotective parent but hey....

So, her contraceptive issues having been suitably dealt a lethal blow and having healed up nicely It was decided yesterday was the day for the first big outing but
things did not work out quite as the young Tilly anticipated, for having spent six months rushing excitedly to the door each time it has been opened and trying to jam herself through the little gap as we attempted to close it again she suddenly discovered that 'outside' is somewhat more scary place than she had anticipated, particularly that stuff we humans call wind and that she had never encountered before. Her first attempt was rather abortive, she rushed headlong through the door onto the balcony, came to a shuddering halt, turned tail and rushed back in again!

Second and third attempts progressed only marginally further but eventually she found a little more courage, became fixated on a sparrow and with a little persuasion made it all the way to the bottom of the stairs......before she turned tail again and headed for the front door in a state of rush and panic!

This however is not a bad thing, we barely see Ditto over the summer months and I rather like the idea of a more 'indoor Tilly' to keep me company....I suspect though that she will soon find her feet in the big wide world and it won't be long before the both of them are bringing me 'summer gifts'. Ugh!

0 Comments: