Saturday, 4 March 2006

You won't believe this.......

....well actually you probably will!

I called the 'powers that be' again yesterday in a final attempt to solve the debacle of the court case date with the intention if necessary of then withdrawing my statement and taking whatever the consequences of that might be.

After much ado I managed to get hold of a member of their staff I had dealt with previously and who had been less inept than the majority. She took the details again and promised to call me back....which she did inside of an hour.

The problem was solved and despite myself I couldn't help hooting with laughter down the phone, probably rather impolitely, as a response to the information she gave me.......the date given for the case, only two days after the original date, the 15th of March.....was a typo!!! it should have read the 15th of May!!! Impressive stuff eh?

To give her her due she was full of apology and thanks that I had brought it to their attention and saved all and sundry turning up on date when the case wasn't able to be heard....can you imagine my joy had I cancelled my holiday and been one of those stood in the cold with no case to hear?

I know we are all human and to err is part of that but hell fire, does no-one proof read or check anything these days?!

2 Comments:

Wendy said...

Proofreading for the general public is overrated. We got a letter from my son's high school, and the footer said something like "Eucation is power."

No, people don't look for mistakes unless they're reading my writing.

dkgoodman said...

You misspelled "brought" :)