Friday, 20 January 2006

Yayyy, I am officially not old!

Yesterday's visit to see a physiotherapist who was to attend to my arthritic bits resulted in two things.

The first was the inevitable pulling, bending and stretching of my legs into inhuman positions, the second was far more acceptable....the opinion of the attending torturer that I don't have arthritis afterall! This has yet to be confirmed of course but it is her opinion that I have something called Hypermobility syndrome. I'm not entirely sure if that's a good or a bad thing but relative to some case histories I have read I seem only have it reasonably mildly, so I am treating it as a good thing and at least one doesn't have to be old to get it!! In fact I have had it all my life apparently but because I was a gymnast and because I did a very physical job for years the muscles surrounding the joints were strong enough to keep them in place.

However, the last few years of sitting like a big pudding infront of this machine have of course resulted in weaker muscles, hence the recent appearance of the symptoms.

The result is much the same, it hurts, I have to undergo a few tests to determine the diagnosis, I have to exercise (sheesh), I have to wear a damn brace on my left wrist (double sheesh, I'm left handed), yes, I have carpal tunnel syndrome too it seems, though how that explains a tingly foot too I don't know..... and I have to remove my rear from it's parked position on this this seat at least once an hour for five minutes!

Hells bells, do the medical profession have any idea just what they are asking there?!! Move from this machine? Me? Heavens above, a complete lifestyle change then!

0 Comments: