Monday, 16 January 2006

Settle an argument?

PG and I have been having a small 'discussion' as to which day is considered to be officially the first day of each week, Sunday or Monday.

I won't tell you at this stage which one of us thinks what!

Opinions please. :o)

3 Comments:

Anvilcloud said...

According to my calendar it's Sunday, but I think the Monday people also have a leg to stand on.

Pusher Robot said...

As a guide you could use Microsoft Excel. Not that Bill Gates is the authority on what day of the week is the first, however as a computer geek, it works for me. The function WEEKDAY(serial_number, return_type) by default makes Sunday the first day. Only by entering a "return_type" does it consider Monday the first day.
Just to further my geekiness, the example used by BASIC 7.1 also considers Sunday as #1 out of 7 days :)

gemmak said...

Mr Slug: me too :o)

Anvilcloud:Lol...no they don't! heh

Pusher Robot: Wow....I'm gonna take your word for all that and consider it the definitive arguement! ;o)