Saturday, 21 January 2006

Please can I utter profanities?

Today, rather than be in gainful employment as I should be I managed an unscheduled day off, well to me more precise it may well turn into more than the one.

This is not a good situation, don't get me wrong, I am far from adverse to days off as you well know, the 'day job' is not my pastime of choice, quite the reverse but it does pay the bills and it does get me out of my usual 'state of hermit' for a few days a week.

As I said, this was unscheduled, I am off sick but I am not 'sick' in the usual sense of the word, that is to say, I am not suffering one of the many obnoxious bugs that attack us so readily in the winter months, what I am instead is a victim of that law that would seem to chase me through my life here and there......sods law!
For last night, as I prepared for an early night in preparation of my 5 am Saturday start, Tilly and Sod's law joined forces with great aplomb to create an incident of annoying proportions!

As I walked from the kitchen to the living room, hands full of one thing and another, 'madam' appeared from nowhere at high speed and positioned herself squarely under my feet. The ensuing debacle was likely quite comedic for any onlooker but thankfully there was only PG taking front row in the audience as in an instant, in my endeavors not to stand with my full weight in the middle of her little kitten back which was where my foot was headed I instead found myself in mid air crashing to the floor in a most ungainly and painful heap!

This is the point at which sod's law took over and rather than fall on the side of my body that is not currently suffering the aggravations of this Hyper mobility hoo ha, it dictated that it was precisely that side of my body I did land on, hip, ankle, knee,arm, the whole bloody lot and to add insult to injury I hit my head on the way down too!

So, that's me, if I wasn't hurting before I damn well am now, I'm hobbling like an old bint, I still have a headache from the battering my bonce took, I have some particularly attractive bruises brewing and I don't get paid when I'm off work sick.

Oh happy happy days!

1 Comments:

gemmak said...

Very sore but improving ty :o)

You get paid, I don't, I'll expalin when I c u.