Monday, 2 January 2006

Back to normality.....

....whatever that is!

As a child I adored Christmas and new year, though quite why New Year was of any interest to me I don't really recall but as the years fly by I find myself somewhat less enamored of the whole performance.

That said I enjoyed Christmas immensely this year, three whole days with my family and to share a Christmas with my nieces was a treat indeed but as for new year, that always just strikes me as a 'non event', nothing really happens and mostly we all have the usual up's and down's in any given year, nothing great to celebrate and hopefully nothing too dreadful to mourn.

As a rule I show willing and at least stay up to see the new year in but this year, a few heavy days at work and PG working all evening meant I stumbled into bed before the allotted hour. PG arrived home some tiny time before Big Ben did his thing (is Big Ben a him I wonder?) and woke me up to say 'Happy New Year'..... and that was it. Some party animal me eh?

Can we all get back to some semblance of normality now please?

0 Comments: