I feel as though all I have done since we arrived home is one load of laundry after another, followed by copious amounts of ironing, cleaning and sorting out of one thing or another.
I have blogs waiting to be designed, emails protruding from my ears, as yet unanswered, comments barely read and on and on the list seems to go! Tomorrow I get the payback for Christmas off work, the first of four full days back in retail hell, I hate it, the boredom and frustration that goes hand in hand with it is enough to drive me demented, all the more so when I have so much here I need to get done.
Ahhh, but then there is the snow, the beautiful, beautiful snow that is still very much in evidence in gemmak's-ville. Maybe I am so behind because I have spent way too much long gazing out of the window the last two days watching the flakes fall silently, creating a pristine white carpet as they gather on the floor. It is truly beautiful, every tree and branch is laden, my whole panoramic view is white from top to bottom, the stuff of my dreams........ though when I attempt to get into work tomorrow I may feel a little differently!

So far we have only perhaps 2.5 inches but we have more forecast for tonight and tomorrow. The roads in the sub zero temperatures are already like a slick of ice out here in the middle of nowhere and despite the forecast suggesting we should be at minus 2 degrees, at my back door the mercury is showing minus 7 already. PG had some difficulty getting his car out of here earlier this afternoon, courtesy of a hill between us and the main roads and I spent over an hour just trying to get into my little car to defrost it and clear the snow from it a little in readiness for my 7 am start tomorrow.

Hey ho, it's all worth it just to see the pure white fields glistening in the sunlight and hear the crisp sound as it squishes underfoot.


1 Comments:
I'm glad that you finally got snow. I can't imagine what those kind of temperatures feel like. It must be hard to keep your home warm. I can't get my house warm when it drops down into 50's outside. Drive carefully on the icy roads and look out for maniacs.
Post a Comment