Maybe, just maybe I will actually make it inside this much loved emporium of all things Swedish today, though then again I may not! My conspiracy theory is gaining ground as we speak, for again my long awaited trip to Edinburgh and Ikea has been planned and again, almost before the day is begun it seems to be disappearing before my very eyes, evaporating like butter before the sun.
Today the weather is not an issue, like it ever was last time. The snow drifts that were promised on our last planned day of course never materialised and the forecast is just for the standard 'miserable-ness' of drizzle offered up from dismal skies. No-one is ill, Tilly is mended and no longer needs to be monitored closely, we both have the time off and nothing, but nothing was going to conspire against me this time.....that was until late yesterday when PG's car finally, after a long and expensive struggle against the odds, was pronounced unfit to undergo the rigors of an MOT test......at least that is, without involving further astronomical pecuniary outlay.
And so it seems, that yesterday, having found in my absence a suitable car for purchase, that we can almost afford providing we don't eat for the next three years, I am being ushered in 'Ikea time' to cast my eye over said vehicle and give my opinion. There will of course then be the finance, insurance and peripheral requirements to be attended too, test drives to be taken and unending discussion over price, with a likely smarmy salesman determined whilst smiling a saccharine smile, to screw every last penny out of us.
And all while I secretly clock watch, aware that 'Ikea time' is falling from my grasp, disappearing before my very eyes.
It is of course imperative we buy this car, or at least a car, it is just not possible to live where we do for even a few days without one, the era of two cars being a luxury is long gone in these parts, one car would mean that only one of us could work, there is no alternative transport for the likes of us, who both work odd shift times.....but why, oh why, today? Could the MOT failure not have occurred just a day or two later? Does the grim reaper of cars not realise that a visit to Ikea is just as imperative?
Believe me, if I have to be falling through the doors at 9.30 this evening for a sprint of Olympic proportions I will get there, somehow today I will overcome this conspiracy! ;o)
Thursday, 1 December 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment