Madam has a 'sleep span' of approximately two to three hours at which point she considers it an appropriate time to play with almost anything that creates noise or to indulge in a little 'body and face pouncing' practice. Dearly as I love her, twenty small and exceedingly sharp claws in the face, whilst it has her desired effect of gaining attention is no pleasure and for PG who has suffered one or two 'stalk and attack' sessions in rather more delicate 'departments' it is no fun
It was thus that this morning, at 4.30, and against my better judgment I finally gathered her up and shut her out of the bedroom. I hate to do that but really, we need some sleep! We tried the exclusion method a few days back but her sad baby crying caused us to relented in under a minute and let her back in, but this time, maybe because she is a little older and more settled there were only two half hearted sounds of protest and then quiet. We slept blissfully! So blissfully in fact that I didn't wake again until 9.30, arghhhh, unheard of for me and the result is that I am way behind with my day. I don't have time to be in bed that late!
Claws in the face or other areas may not be absolute fun but at least they act as an excellent alarm clock!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment