Friday, 4 November 2005

Inter-not!

Oh happy days!

I went to bed at 02.00 hrs this morning, having spent the evening very much online, no problems, everything was hunky dory. Six hours later I surface, boot up this infernal machine ready for a days work (yes, ok, and some play) and what happens? I'll tell you what happens....precisely nothing! Zip, zilch, nada! Well, to be honest that is a little exaggeration, the computer is working just fine....but I have no damn connection, the all singing, all dancing, oh so wonderful Wanadoo 'Live Box' has become very definitely un-live overnight.

So this morning, after four hours of hanging on the phone for techies that know nothing technical to speak of, of being cut off, of raised voices and frayed tempers, what is their solution? They don't have one! Well they do, but it is to send me new hardware, which of course is not going to arrive today now is it? So, here I am, a mere three months after the initial long and arduous fight to attain a broadband connection at all, connected again via a 44kbps dial-up.... which to add serious insult to injury, is also of the 'pay as you go' breed. What fun, a bill for maybe six hours a day, minute by minute, peak rate charges. One thing is for sure, this is not the failure of my equipment and I won't be paying the bill, come hell or high water Wanadoo will be picking up that tab!!!

I am not a happy blogger :o(

0 Comments: