Yup, it's Sunday morning, 4.20 am, the first day of my ten days of holiday, suddenly pushed forward one day by a change in rosta's yesterday and I'm already 'up and about' and have been for an hour....courtesy of one very tiny cat!
PG has been on night shift the last three nights and I have had three nights of face and foot pouncing to contend with. Apparently the hours of darkness herald 'play time' for someone very small, her favourite game being to stalk bits of me. If general stalking doesn't have her desired effect of waking me and having me entertain or cuddle her then her tactics change and she pounces on my face....bear in mind here that she hasn't yet mastered the art of retracting her claws! Ugh.
So last night, my holiday having been changed (I agreed to go in next Saturday and have today off instead, suits me, I still feel rough and one day in the middle of 10 off, I can handle), the clocks allowing us an extra hour in bed and my cold having taken it's toll we went to bed at the unheard of hour of 9.30pm and settled for a long nights sleep.
Oh no.....fat chance, There was a higher likelihood of plaiting fog! 'Someone' had other ideas! She has much in common with a large bag of frogs! An hour of pouncing later we resorted to shutting her out of the bedroom, no joy, we couldn't resist her pitiful baby cries and let her back in. Eventually she settle and off we all drifted to sleep......3.30 am and the pouncing commenced again!
I'm one of those frustrating (for me) individuals who once awake can't stay lying in bed so up I got after half an hour of trying to sleep some more and here I am, my day begun....hey ho, I got seven hours sleep....quite a feat in itself since 'Tilly' arrived.
Methinks we will have to learn to resist her night-time crying if the nocturnal pouncing games don't abate soon!
Sunday, 30 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
Sounds like Tinker might have been a better name! (Sorry, but Haloscan wouldn't publish my comment:()
Lol...I can think of a few other names that I thought might be appropriate at the time! heh. You were up pretty early too I notice!
Post a Comment