Well, actually I do, it should come as absolutely no surprise to me by now, it has after all become and almost a quarterly occurrence and I should have learnt to expect, nay anticipate, that my car will break down every few weeks on the way home from work!
Yup, yet again, on my journey home the damn thing disintegrated on me, it is fast becoming less than amusing. I think it has spent more time in the garage since it's warranty expired than it has with me! Good grief, it might not be brand, spanking new but it is only four years old and has only fifty thousand miles on it. In my youth I had many a car at least two or three times that age, and with at least double the mileage clocked....... and none of this bother!
This time I was treated to an almighty racket as something 'fell off', rotated with the front offside wheel for a few revolutions, bounced noisily along the underside and was last seen, via the rear view mirror, being projected at high velocity into an adjacent field. I never did find out what it was, the offending object was not to be unearthed among the overgrown 'shrubbery' and my very nice mechanic man was not to be raised by phone.
I made a cursory inspection of the cars underparts, nothing was immediately obvious as missing and so I limped home slowly, aware only that whatever had parted company had done so from the wheel. Fast was not going to be an option and whilst the car appeared to be driving in a perfectly normal fashion it's movement was accompanied buy a very definite thud, thud, thud, at every revolution of the wheels.
And so, said hateful vehicle is again in the garage being attended too and I await with interest and annoyance the discovery of what actually went wrong on this occasion!
Oh....and to add to my fun day PG has kindly shared with me his 'man flu, (I am touched sweetie that you feel you should share but really, you didn't have to!).Unfortunately though the female version doesn't come with 'dispensation from all domestic chores' unlike the male type and given that 'himself' is working night shift he is snoring away happily whilst I continue with normal service! Pfffttt.
.....and 'baby cat' is still nameless!
Friday, 28 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
Yeah right! lol.
Post a Comment