Wednesday, 12 October 2005

Here's lookin' at you

Much of this area has woken this morning to severe flooding, the local television news is carrying images of towns within 30 miles of here under many feet of water but thankfully for us, whilst we had torrential rain for most of yesterday it has been nothing like as bed as areas further west. There is a small stream to the rear of this property which over night has turned into a raging torrent, broken it's banks quite spectacularly and flooded the fields through which it runs but that aside we seem to have escaped lightly.....though it is still raining.

This afternoon I am forced to vacate this seat and make my way into town which has the potential to be quite and 'interesting' journey, the road I am bound to take floods relatively easily let alone after the level of rainfall we have experienced in the last twenty four hours.

I have to say I would prefer not to be going out at all, the purpose of my journey is to attend the identity parade I was summoned to last week so I can't avoid it or make my excuses, it has to be done so whilst I am having to make the trip I will kill two birds with one stone and pay a visit to my less than favourite place....the hairdressers! Ugh....any one of you familiar with my witterings here will know just how much I don't enjoy the hairdresser hoo ha and of course there is the decision to be made.....just a trim and keep growing or hack the whole lot off and be done with it. We'll see, I'll decide when I get there.

On the subject of the identity parade It strikes me that the process should be re-named for it appears that no-one actually 'parades' any longer, nope, technology has made it's way even to the identifying of a suspect and I am given to understand that it is all on video....somehow it just doesn't seem the same does it and I would imagine it makes it more difficult in some respects but hey ho time will tell, I just hope that I can I.D. the guy unquestionably, I know he did it and he knows he did it...... despite what he might want the legal system to believe!

It's no wonder the police get frustrated, all this performance over a crime I know with absolute certainty he committed but as ever it seems is the way it is down to the innocent to prove the guilt. Believe me when I say I have sat in court and listened to many a toe-rag spout absolutely unbelievably stupid tales in their defence and the magistrate takes it all in, behaves like cops and security staff lie for a living and return a 'not guilty'.....ok, ok, I know it's not quite as simple as that, there is the 'reasonable doubt' issue and no one would advocate any miscarriage of justice but hells bells, it just seems to have swung so far in the opposite direction that any one who feels like defending themselves with a heap of BS can have a magistrate eating out of their hand and escape punishment with any old tale of ridiculous claptrap.

Arghhh......don't get me started on that one! I'll stop now I think before my soap box disintegrates in the rain!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And completely off topic for those who kindly asked, 'small cat' is as happy as a pig in muck again, chattering away and rolling around on her back relaxed and happy, she was even heard to emit a purr last night, something that until recently we thought she just couldn't do and have rarely heard from her even in her happiest moments. She spent a couple of hours scouring the place yesterday afternoon for any sign of the kitten, backed off from a few places where she could obviously still smell her and then eventually satisfied she was gone, returned to her normal happy self.

1 Comments:

gemmak said...

Indeed :o)

So am I and thank you.

Fun?? lol

I didn't meet any floods thankfully, phew!