Thursday, 25 August 2005

A wolf in sheeps clothing

Ok, so when we take to the shower it is generally to shower is it not? I accept that this modern convenience may on occasion be used for other purposes, you will understand here that I have that information only as hearsay not through any experience of my own!

Add to that my understanding that Cussons Imperial Leather shower gel is manufactured purely as a cleansing agent and you will begin to understand my confusion one morning last week when I made haste to the bathroom to carry out my daily ablutions.

My mother, God love her, had left sitting temptingly in the corner of the shower an innocent enough looking bottle of shower gel, specifically
'Imperial Leather Ice'. A refreshing looking substance if ever I saw one.....for it was refreshment I was after having indulged in far to late a night on the previous evening.

Refreshment of the kind I was looking for was a far cry from what I got! You see, whether this was a manufacturing fault or whether in fact Cussons have decided to give Anne Summers a run for their money I now question.

We are all (aren't we?) familiar, if only by advertisement *she says innocently* with the 'apply in certain areas for an exciting sensation' products marketed by our less family orientated manufacturers but one does not expect for an innocuous company such as Coussens to be dishing out such merchandise.

The aforementioned 'Ice' shower gel it seems, contains some form of mint or menthol product, presumably to impart to it's user the 'invigorated' sensation so much advertised.....well believe you me (and I have to choose my words very carefully here for fear of offence) 'invigorated' is not quite the description I would have chosen! Hells bells and little fishes.......I know not if this was a batch with an over zealous amount of the menthol product mistakenly added but this stuff has more in common with some of those Anne Summers substances than ever it does with soap, !! Be warned ladies....and likely men, if all you want in your shower is to get clean...this is not the product you want and I advise you, think very carefully about where on your body you choose to apply it!

This stuff is lethal....or amazing, depending on your point of view.

I could regale you with further detailed warning but I think it best I quit now while I'm ahead and some degree of dignity and decency still remains....albeit hanging on a very fine thread!

1 Comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe the 'sensation' was really caused by all the girly talk the previous evening? Good job Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp were not around that night.