I would be most appreciative if those involved in making my Sunday the nightmare it was would note that I could bloody well do without another like it for a while!
Saturday was average but tiring, PG and I went to bed at a reasonable hour for once in an effort to be able to function on Sunday but regardless I woke up feeling like crap, bad head, bad tummy, bad everything. None the less I pottered off to work at the appointed hour, feeling very shivery and set about the days tasks.
From that point on my day degenerated badly. By 11.00 my patience with rude and arrogant customers was wearing thin, my boss it seems, had also fallen out of bed the wrong side and made our lives more difficult, pick, pick, pick, moan, moan, moan. A colleague had managed to beat me about the head almost poking my eye out in the process and further aggravating my sore head and I had the joy of a staff member who repeatedly would not do or be as I asked, despite my having 'words' on two occasions. Gah, the rest of us have rules and procedures to abide by, apparently this individual feels exempt and has the hide of a rhinoceros! FFS!
I plodded on close to boiling point for most of the day, biting my lip and counting to 100 as opposed to the normal 10, looking forward with glee to escaping home and doing something fun.
It was not to be, by the time I got home I was passed 'fun'. PG made dinner and we settled down to watch TV together. Within 10 minutes we were both asleep! We woke a while later, stiff and cold and crawled into bed for the night at 9.55....good God, I don't 'do' going to bed early but the next thing I knew it was 6.30 this morning and PG was leaving for work!
Hell-fire and damnation, I even missed coronation street! Pfffft.
Monday, 9 May 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 Comments:
I hope that you're feeling better, Gemmak. It sounds like your day was part of Dave Goodman's "boiling frogs" theory. It's too bad that you weren't able to jump out of the boiling pot sooner. How irritating that we have to work!
Thankyou Melissa and yes I am. I was most deffinately a 'boiling frog' on Sunday and YES inedeed, how irritating to have to work! Heh.
Post a Comment