At last we have a working computer again, two in fact! PG has spent every waking moment working on the pair of them and finally they are reformatted, most of the software is back on and things are slowly getting back to normal
Every time this happens I kinda forget the amount of work involved getting things back to 'normal', the hundreds of settings for one thing or another that become so much part of everyday you don't notice them until they are missing or changed. The majority of tomorrow I think will be taken up with getting this back to where it was, replacing missing fonts, downloading all manner of bits and pieces that disappeared in a puff of virtual smoke, rebuilding my sadly lacking desktop and generally fidgeting about with it all until it is back to normal.
On the upside, yes there is one, this hadn't been reformatted for almost two years and it's running like greased lightening now, I didn't lose one single file, folder, picture or email...nothing at all..... I will be eternally grateful for my birthday present, the external hard drive and carrier that PG bestowed upon me!
Talking of gratitude, all this has been done and until this evening I haven't lifted a finger, ok so I had to work but PG has slaved away and done the lot by himself, just so he didn't leave me for his upcoming week of nightshifts computer-less. What a star.
So now I'm off to fiddle a little and then fall, semi comatose into bed until the morning when fiddling will begin in a more serious manner.
Good night :o)
Monday, 30 May 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
So now I'm off to fiddle a little ...
For crying out loud, can't you leave the violin alone until you've fixed your computer? :)
Post a Comment