Well that's it, late last night I counted down the final seconds of yesterday, giggling and joking and with PG reminding me of my age as midnight rolled over into my birthday! My advancing years are occasionally the butt of jokes here given that he is, er..... somewhat younger than me. This year I can't even claim 'error' on forms and in the telling, I have to admit my true age, for both digits are the same. So here, live and uncut, in this world wide forum I admit it, this is a once only offer, never to be repeated......I am today 44!
Somehow 43 was a lot younger, transposition, in error of course, made me merely 34 but 44, no chance. PG, I might add has a fair number of years yet to hit even 40...gah!
Admissions over and onto the more fun aspect of birthdays. Despite an extremely late night the child in me was up again, coffee and cigarette (paints an elegant *not* picture doesn't it) in hand and ready for present opening by 7....PG was still in the land of nod but by 7.30 had been prodded into some degree of conciousness to attend the paper ripping activities. Ditto was of course assisting, in fact had already assisted overnight it seems. I could have sworn that ribbon on one gift had been tied in a pretty bow last night. Not so this morning! :o)
Therein was to be found things of delight, from PG, a USB2 interface card (yayyy, God love him), a Portmerion Studio cat, clothes and a set of porcelain mugs bearing images of sumptuous chocolate cake. I can't imagine why my sister should consider that appropriate....I really can't, well ok, maybe I have the smallest inkling!
Ditto is now requiring monitoring as she attempts to tie herself in knots with the ribbon, the best bit of any parcel in her opinion and I have a choice to make.
PG has said I can have a day out anywhere (ok maybe we won't be flying to NY for the day) on him, I just have to decide where! This is not an easy task, I don't 'do' deciding and I know I will get a stern look when in my sleepy state I say 'er...."can we just pull the pc apart please and get the usb card installed"....or maybe I could raise the energy for er....shopping! Hopeless eh? All this beautiful countryside and 'places of interest' to visit and what do I want to do.... yup go shopping! In my defence, I see the beautiful countryside every day, I am spoilt with green hills but real shops, now there's a thing I rarely get to see in this paradise. Oh and of course there are restaurants a plenty in the real world are there not?!
Who knows where this birthday will take us, I could easily be asleep again within the hour!
Wednesday, 13 April 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 Comments:
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment