Tuesday, 15 March 2005

We got here at last!

We finally made it. Things carried on in the same vein, planning was shot to hell! En-route to deliver two noisy and rather annoyed cats to their holiday home my car ran true to recent form and developed a fault! Grrrr. I can't believe this car is still substantially less than four years old!

A suitable detour was hastily made to a dealership in search of a friendly mechanic who informed us that it was an alternator problem, he couldn't fix it there and then as was quite obvious but with luck, it was his considered opinion we would make the journey without incident. At any rate it was not a danger, the worse scenario would be we would come to a grinding halt at the side of the road and have to call on the services of a rescue company. We took the chance.

Cats where duly deposited in their temporary abode, looking none to impressed and hissing and grumbling intermittently to register their lack of pleasure.

We hit the road and thankfully the journey was incident free. Our luck seemed to have changed, not one accident or traffic jam did we encounter and we arrive in 6 hours flat.....a record for a journey that has on occasion taken up to nine hours.

And that's it for now, we chatted, ate and drank into the small hours, fell into bed at stupid o'clock and there I remained until gone nine this morning....I never do that, I am always up by six.....what a treat.

Retail therapy beckons, it cannot be resisted, real shops and lots them, in close proximity, not to be missed by those such as we who normally have to travel 80 miles for such modern convenience!

I have plastic in hand, things are looking good..........

0 Comments: