Tuesday, 8 March 2005

Gah!....I've had one of 'those' days

It began with my only getting two hours sleep last night. You know the drill, tossing and turning for no good reason, fighting PG and Ditto for bed space, one eye on the clock repeatedly counting down how much longer I have left until the alarm sounds and forces me up and out to work.

Last time I looked it was 04.15 hrs, the alarm was set for 06.00, it duly shrieked at me at the aforementioned hour and I fell..... puffy eyed and bad tempered, into the shower. Poppy accompanied me to the bathroom and sat the entire time at the end of the bath doing her best alarm clock impersonation, in an attempt to attract my attention and a cuddle. Like I could miss the racket! She has never understood that cuddling in the shower is not advisable....well at least not if you are a cat! She wrapped herself around my wet legs as I attempted to extricate myself from the shower whilst remaining upright, depositing fur all over and ran around under my feet, tripping me up, as I attempted the near impossible task of making my self 'presentable'. So I gave in, I sat down and gave her the wished for cuddle and stood up five minutes later with black trousers covered in white Poppy fluff! I love that cat dearly but incessant caterwuling after no sleep is not her most endearing quality.

I drove to work in a daze, thinking stuff I don't usually think and made myself thoroughly miserable by the time I was at my journeys end. I got out of the car to discover that at some point yesterday some inconsiderate git had dented my car door....no doubt a customer in the car park, opening his or her door with little thought for the fact that they were in actual fact not the only person utilising the facility! Why in God's name to people do that? Would they want me to heave a damn great dent in their car door ? Methinks not!

I was greeted at work by one of the shopfitters merrily shouting out 'allo darlin'......'harumph' was my terse and uncalled for reply. Bad move, this guy is not easily off put and teased me and wound me up, without mercy, all day, for my grumpiness.

Lunch time.....ah,a moment to close my sore eyes....nope....I stood in a queue for most of it at Kwik Save........oh how I hate that store!

Work finally over I made my way to my (dented) car, to discover it was absolutely covered in sawdust, courtesy of a shopfitter using that particular part of the car park to saw what must have been an entire forest into planks. No matter I think, it will blow off as I drive. I got in, started the engine and the remainder of the forest blew in through the vents at high velocity, all over me. Harumph!

Ok...I'll vacuum it when I get home I thought and then thought better of it. We need a 50m lead from the flat to perform that task and persuading PG to set it up is no mean feat. Thus I went out of my way to the services and used their's....and put it through an extortionate wash for good measure. It looked barely cleaner! I drove home to find PG vacuuming his car....he NEVER cleans his car....why today? Pfftttt.

We had 'words', don't ask me what about, probably because he mentioned PMT, I do not have PMT. I pointed out quite vocally quietly that I can, on occasion, be miffed for reasons other than those that are hormonal and set about throwing dinner together. Stir fry....made, eaten and washed up within minutes.

Yayyyy....computer time....nope, PG was ensconced infront of the pc and was not for moving, so I watched some crap on Sky and grumbled quietly to myself. At last, the seat vacated, my turn.....and here I am! I bet you wish PG had stayed put!

Rant over, I need to sleep, this bad tempered bitch is out of here..... g'night :o)

1 Comments:

Deanna said...

Sorry to hear about the day... some days life can be too lifey. Today's a whole new day.. enjoy this one, and leave the madness behind..oh, and of course... love the new look, or the revolving look!!... I never know what is coming behind that click.. so it's generally a nice surprise!