Saturday, 5 February 2005

Whatever happened to......

....my life of laziness leisure? I'll tell you what happened, reality snuck up on me and bit me hard on the rear! I saw it coming, I wasn't pleased to see it's approach but like it or not things had to change a little.

So for now my life of leisure is curtailed somewhat. A matter of opportunity and a stern look on my virtual bank managers face collided and suddenly my days of working only two days a week are over! Bah!

This is nothing too serious I might add, I only have to work five days a week now and then, in the main it will be three or four but hell....I'm just not used to it! During my life of leisure I rarely got to bed before 1am and then I considered it early, the last few nights I have fallen into bed at 11ish and struggled to remain even remotely coherent for that long.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining here, I was lucky (if one can consider losing a close relative lucky), I unexpectedly inherited a considerable (to me) sum a while back, I could have been sensible, invested it, bought two new cars (oh how I wish I had done that right now), I could have bought a small property maybe or started a small business but no, I chose to live a comfortable life of relative leisure for a little over 2 years instead.

What fun we had in that time, it was bound to come to an end but the memories where worth every penny. I'd do the same all over again, without question.

So, just in case you where wondering........ now you have the answer to why my template has only changed once in two weeks! :o)

0 Comments: