Thursday, 24 February 2005

Stuff and other stuff

The last two days have bought with them my wished for snowfall. The snow fell on and off for 48 hours but was punctuated with spells of bright sunshine and hence the covering only ever managed to attain approximately 3 inches in depth but that was good enough for me. The landscape turned a beautiful white, the sun glistened on it's surface and Ditto had a fine time.

The weather forecasts last night promised further snow and this time with promises of severe disruption and 10 inches overnight. Full of glee I went to my bed in expectation of a beautiful deep snowfall this morning. What did I get? Rain! Damp, miserable, grey, wet, rain. There is an odd phenomenon it appears in this years forecasting, each time I look the same conditions are prevalent but have been 'pushed' in the region of 10 hours hence. At this rate snow will still be forecast to fall in mid August!

Along with the damp, rainy morning came another surprise, my car's brakes seized yet again, yes, I know I paid over £200 to get them fixed not ten days ago......don't go there, just don't! As a consequence of this I was late for work, having churned up the driveway here for twenty minutes freeing them off. Things go no better.

The heating, that has been in a state of collapse in my place of work for the last few weeks was repaired yesterday and so I hadn't regaled myself in various elegant items of thermal fashions, guess what? Ok, so it had been repaired but is now giving forth a sound similar to that in the boiler room of a steam ship and for the main part had to be turned off to enable basic conversations to be held with those we serve. Add to that, the main entrance door were being 'worked on' and so were parked wide open all day. Heavens above!

Finally my new cell phone crashed and died for no apparent reason.

On the up side, yes there is one, the retailer from who I purchased the phone is next door to where I work and changed it without the expected furore and aggravation, I only had to work a 6 hour shift, the BIG snow is still forecast for mid June tonight and I have a day off tomorrow. Yayyy.

Right then, that's me done for now, I'm off to download MMS and GPRS settings to my replaced phone yet again.....oh the excitement, I can hardly contain myself!

0 Comments: