Monday, 21 February 2005

Nokia girl

Yeah ok, so months ago I could have told you I would do this, one doesn't get to er.....40 'something' without being aware of one's own foibles.

Cell phones are one such foible! I have had more of the damn things over the years than you can shake a stick at and rarely am I happy with them. In November I upgraded and for the first time deserted Nokia, in my opinion the only phone to have. I should have stuck with them but no, I just had to try something new! So Samsung it was and a flip phone into the bargain.....and could I get on with it, could I hell. I have persevered but nope....... it was not to be.
The final straw came these last two weeks when it became starkly and frustratingly apparent that the reception equipment installed in said phone just wasn't up to bad weather coupled with isolated locations. For two weeks PG and I have been unable to call anyone successfully from home but put the sim into an old Nokia 3310 and hey presto, no problem!

And it was thus that today I bought yet another phone, a Nokia of course. I was reasonably well behaved, I didn't purchase the top of the range as is my usual habit, to be frank I was so fed up with video, mp3, radio and all manner of bells and whistles that I rarely used and made the thing so unnecessarily complicated that I plumped for something simple and a bit more fun, a funky bright coloured affair with flashing lights that does nothing more than take a photograph and would you believe it make a call! Yayyy.

All is not lost on the financial front either, the Samsung I got free with my contract and can be 'ebay-ed' for at least as much as I paid for the new one!

Result, a phone with decent reception, the comfort of the Nokia menu and no economic pain!

0 Comments: