Sunday, 27 February 2005

Jack-hammer and whisk

Yesterday I was dispatched back home from work within two hours of arriving as the result of some heinous interloper invading my body. Said invading little critter has come equipped with a large jackhammer in my head and a whisk in my stomach. Bleugh.

I got up this morning to investigate the state of play in time to get ready and go.... but things are no better. The delightful (not) description of 'bleugh' still reigns and now I have to sit and wait another hour and a half in trepidation of making the 'I can't make it in' call, as soon as someone arrives at the store. I wanna go back to bed but I dare not for fear of oversleeping and not making the call at the appropriate time. Unusually yesterday I was treated with sympathy and kindness, it was my good fortune that the duty manager was one of the few with a heart and it made a big difference but it doesn't prevent me from dreading calling in today.

It's taken me 40 minutes to type these few paltry words and a pc screen isn't helping my head any, I'm off now to feel pathetic and guilty........

0 Comments: